Team Leader – Operations Supervisor
- TCL Supply Chain Inc.
26875 96 Avenue, Acheson AB, T7X 5A6
- Start Date:
- Days of Work:
- Flexibility to transfer to all shifts is required. Begin training on days/afternoons
Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At TCL Supply Chain, our people create our success!
TCL Supply Chain is a third party warehouse grocery distributor centre and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our team members, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement. Are you ready to join a successful team where your contribution makes a difference?
TCL Supply Chain is currently seeking a Team Leader (Operations Supervisor) to join the team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for managing a team within our high volume distribution centre. This involves leading all aspects of operational performance, customer relations, continuous improvement, and people development.
- Create a positive work environment, building an engaged team atmosphere;
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of warehouse operations across multiple shifts within a dedicated customer facility;
- Responsible for the welfare and leadership of a group of Team Members to ensure safe, productive and efficient operations with all shifts;
- Monitor accuracy of employee task completion, paper work and data entry;
- Daily briefings with Team Members to review objectives, service levels, productivity targets and the allocation of duties;
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and customer partnering initiatives;
- Ensure awareness of and enforce compliance with operations health and safety standards, company operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure smooth flow of processes to ensure productivity targets are achieved;
- Performance feedback and ongoing evaluation of staff;
- Manage Team Members through motivation and progressive discipline;
- Responsible to assist with special projects as assigned;
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school supplemented with post-secondary education;
- Minimum of one to three years in an supervisory position; experience within a union environment would be an asset;
- Applicants must be available to work evening and weekend shifts.
- Exposure to contemporary WMS would be considered an asset;
- Experience within a grocery warehouse facility would be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written form;
- Proven effective management skills in leadership, supervision, teamwork motivation, customer orientation, and planning;
- Proficiency with Windows based computer applications would be an advantage;
- Excellent analytical skill with Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt to changes quickly as well as work under time pressures.
Hours of Work: TCL Supply Chain operates on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As a result, flexibility to work varying shifts is required.
Why work for TCL?
- We strive to be employer of choice in the community and as such value Respect and Results
- We value a safe working environment with on-the-job training provided
- We value a team environment
- Competitive wages that allow for growth, benefits, and a matching defined contribution pension plan
- Our Company is committed to the health and safety of our team and has a tobacco-free workplace policy. No tobacco product use (including e-cigarettes) is permitted on the property, including personal vehicles parked on the property
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 5th, 2020
Apply for the Team Leader (Operations Supervisor) Position